The list of pioneering Volvo concepts and products that have set new industry standards over the years is long:
- The versatile 'Allrounder' wheel loader (1954) was the world's first loader with parallel lift arm system and quick coupling attachment bracket.
- World's first articulated hauler (1966) revolutionized earth-moving and mass haulage. This pioneering concept, supplemented by a long list of further innovations over the years, testifies to our leadership in this product segment.
- Volvo low emission diesel engines (1975) was the world's first truly low-emission diesel engines in construction equipment.
- Automatic Power Shift (wheel loaders 1982) for smoother operation and lower fuel consumption.
- Patented Torque Parallel (TP) linkage (1991) provides superior breakout force and retained power throughout the lifting range.