Kungsholmens Gjuteri & Maskin Verkstad

1844
The brothers Jean and Carl Gerhard Bolinder started their business on Kungsholmen in Stockholm, Sweden. Samuel Owen, who had previously had an engineering business in Stockholm, closed down just before this started, and so the Bolinder brothers took over some of his machinery. To begin with, they made cast-iron goods such as stoves, ovens, frying pans and mincers. As time went on, the company became a major manufacturer of saw frames and steam engines.

1874
The company was restructured under the name of J & CG Bolinders Mekaniska Verkstads AB.