Ritchie Bros. February equipment auction in Orlando, Florida will include this one-of-a-kind Volvo excavator with custom features inspired by the Gold Rush TV show. Proceeds from the sale will be shared between two home-building nonprofit organizations voted on by Gold Rush viewers.
“This is an opportunity to own a really unique piece of equipment while also helping others,” said Dave Foster, vice president, marketing and communications, Volvo Construction Equipment Americas. “We’re honored to support these deserving organizations and allow someone to put to use this impressive machine.”
The excavator was designed to celebrate Discovery Channel’s 10th season of Gold Rush and to benefit two nonprofit organizations that help people build homes, Building Homes for Heroes and Habitat for Humanity. Gold Rush and Volvo fans can vote online for their charity of choice in the Give Big Giveaway until March 6. The organization with the most votes will receive 60 percent of the proceeds and the other will get 40 percent. To date more than one million votes have been cast online.
The massive Ritchie Bros. auction, scheduled for Feb. 17 – 22, will draw a wide audience of potential buyers for the Gold Rush excavator — a Volvo EC200E featuring a gold paint job, custom-molded gold track pads and a custom leather seat with embroidered autographs of the Gold Rush cast. Bidding will be available online and in person. Gold Rush cast member Tony Beets is also expected at the auction. View the Ritchie Bros. Orlando auction info here.
The excavator winning bidder will be invited to join Gold Rush cast members in the presentation of checks to the two nonprofits at ConExpo-Con/Agg in Las Vegas in March. It will be the last stop of a North American tour of the Gold Rush excavator, which has visited Volvo CE dealerships and events in over 25 states and provinces since June.