Volvo Construction Equipment North America, LLC along with all of its affiliates and subsidiaries (collectively, “Volvo,” “we,” “our,” or “us”) appreciate your interest in our products and your visit to our website www.volvoce.com.
There might exist additional privacy information on the specific websites of the different Volvo companies or on Volvo websites providing special functions. Those disclosures only apply to the websites where they are displayed and any other websites we specifically describe.
What information do we collect?
Information You Provide – We and our service providers collect any information that you provide when you use the website, including when you: contact us with a question, comment or request, create an account, apply for a job, sign up for electronic newsletters, participate in polls or surveys.
The information that you provide us can include, but is not limited to: your name, contact information, username, password, search terms, and additional registration information, information you provide when submitting an employment application form, and information you provide us when you contact us.
Information Automatically Collected From You – We and our service providers may automatically collect certain technical information from your computer or mobile device when you use the website, such as your Internet Protocol address, your browser type, your operating system, the pages you view on the website, the pages you view immediately before and after you access the website, and the search terms you enter on the website. This information allows us to recognize you and personalize your experience if you return to the website, and to improve the website and the services we provide. We and our service providers may collect this information using “cookies,” which are small text files that the website saves on your computer using your web browser and accesses when you return, or similar technologies.
How do we use this information?
We, and our affiliates and subsidiaries, may use the information we collect for a number of purposes, including, but not limited to:
• providing you with products, services, or information you request;
• providing you with information about the website or required notices;
• delivering marketing communications, promotional materials, or advertisements that may be of interest to you;
• customizing your experience when using the website, such as by providing interactive or personalized elements on the website and providing you with content based on your interests;
• allowing us to improve the website and the services we provide, such as by better tailoring our content to our users’ needs and preferences;
• generating and analyzing statistics about your use of the website;
• helping our advertisers and sponsors better understand our users;
• detecting, preventing, and responding to fraud, intellectual property infringement, violations of law, or other misuse of the website; and
• such other uses within the context of the foregoing uses.
We also may combine or aggregate any of the information we collect through the website or elsewhere for any of these purposes, including delivering targeted advertisements that are based on your previous online activity on the Site and on other websites. We will not combine personally-identifiable information with non-personally identifiable information collected through any Google advertising product or feature unless you have notice of and affirmatively consent to the merger.
When you view this site, we may store some information on your computer in the form of a "cookie". Cookies are used by many web sites to give visitors access to certain functions. The information stored in the cookie can also be used to monitor a user's behavior on the web site.
There are two types of cookies: the first saves a file for an extended period on your computer and is used to determine whether there has been any contact between us and your computer in the past. The second type is called a 'session cookie', and is stored temporarily in your computer's memory while you are visiting the site. Session cookies are not stored in your browser for an extended period, but are deleted when you close your browser.
Unless particularly stated elsewhere, cookies are never used by the Volvo Group with the aim to gather personal data.
In case you have questions about the above sections, do not hesitate to contact AB Volvo (publ) through our contact page.