In 1911 Clyde/West was known as Clyde Iron Works with roots in the British Empire. At the end of World War II, the Clyde companies in the Western United States were sold to employees. One of the resulting companies, Clyde Equipment Company of Oregon, would eventually become Clyde/West. Clyde/Oregon made its living selling and servicing Clyde steam donkeys and railroad equipment. Later they were known for cable shovels and cement mixers. The company branched into Washington with asphalt equipment and rock crushers under the Seawest trade style.
In the '80's a company name change was required to unify operations in Oregon and Washington, hence the name Clyde/West Inc. We are still a largely employee owned business.