Objective: To teach people with responsibility for the operation of soil compaction equipment to correctly and safely utilize a soil compactor to its fullest potential while achieving the highest quality work without sacrificing production or increasing costs.
Who should attend: Any individual with interest in or responsibility for the compaction of soil materials
Duration: 2 Days (classroom only)
Course location: Chambersburg, PA
- What is soil compaction?
- Definition of materials (types of soil)
- Soil compaction equipment
- What is vibratory compaction?
• The vibratory system
- Principles of soil compactor operation
• Factors affecting compaction
• Trench compaction
• Troubleshooting compaction issues